Friday, June 26, 2009

THE FRIDAY PRAYER

The day today is like any other and same
But as I woke up today the thought came

That today is Friday and I have to attend
By noon, to the mosque, I have to ascend
This day each and every week I’m aware
And I make sure I don’t miss the prayer
God forbid, then it will be quite a shame

On time, I dress up in the usual costume
And I don’t forget to rub on the perfume
I then wash my hands, my face and feet
All tasks performed with ample discreet
I start from my home with Allah’s name

And thro’ the route towards the mosque
I find people gather by stalls and kiosk
Then the regular call for prayer is heard
And just inside the mosque as I entered
I saw there beggars, lepers and the lame

And you’ll see people distributing alms
Further friends greeting with open arms
I take my stand with my hands folded
Before divinity heart and soul moulded
With earnest efforts my desires I tame

You’ll also hear the priest’s discourse
Asking people on their sins to remorse
As he thinks that whatever he’ll preach
The hearts of the people it must reach
By win over evil, the good must claim

For various reasons people come here
As for some there conscience adhere
Few without cause or with compulsion
And some with unknown apprehension
Some to seek peace and some for fame

Sometimes its destiny at times its fate
Due to which certain situations elate
Some are good and then some are bad
Into different souls draped and clad
It’s the providence, you cannot blame

Finally I hope that I do not confuse
In expressing my opinion and virtues
Life’s just a sport and a tournament
Just play it with cool temperament
Loss and win is the part of the game

No comments: