Monday, June 29, 2009

THE POET IN ME

Seeking the accurate definition of the poet
The one who states with polished etiquette
Express without any compulsion or threat
Thro’ the epic, ode, elegy, verse or sonnet

And the words are just honey dew smooth
Written with sincerity, honesty and truth
To relax the mind and the heart to soothe
With a vocabulary as gentle as the velvet

Traversing out straight through my soul
Into which emotions and passions enroll
Cooking them carefully in a literary bowl
With keenest effort to enrich the gourmet

May be somewhere in the course of time
Thoughts will echo and words will rhyme
Into the mind the imaginations will prime
Making me feel as a colossus or a midget

Often checking my fluency of the words
Viewing perceptions hovering like birds
Through the psyche approaching towards
My memoirs which are difficult to forget

Always haunting me every now and then
Unable to check it whenever they happen
A curse or a boon I wish I could unfasten
Escape away from being destiny’s puppet

With a wish to reap from the seeds sown
For most of the journey I’ve been alone
Still few moments I wish to call my own
Enshrouding myself in a visionary casket

No comments: