Friday, August 6, 2010

IT HAPPENED

I was taken by surprise as it happened
I never knew as to how this all started
And then how it finally came to an end
Everything just looked quite uncharted

As something entangled into my being
And captured senses almost unaware
Exiling intuition to strange destination
Where reality and wisdom take a scare

I feel lost in an unfamiliar place alone
With not even a single acquaintance
Just loneliness scattered everywhere
Still I don’t long for anyone’s presence

There is something that keeps me busy
That has clouded over my imagination
Keeps me occupied even in wee hours
Conquering my undisputed perception

I don’t know if I am happy or I am sad
Helplessly I am not able to distinguish
Is this real, or else in disguise is it clad
Is this my ecstasy or it’s kind of anguish

Don’t know if it’s illusion or confusion
Its truth I need to seek and try to learn
For its something new, very different
Yet I know one day its secrets I’ll discern

3 comments:

Roshani said...

Very nice and sensitive poem Nayeem.

Kate Seymour said...

this was another masterpiece of yours :D i really liked those lines all of them!!!! :D:D

MOHAMMAD NAYEEM said...

thank u roshani and kate for the praises :)