Monday, December 27, 2010

ONE COLD NIGHT

The night was almost biting cold
Blood thro’ vein seemed to freeze
Even the soul felt like shivering
As was going weak by the knees

Covered from head to the feet
Lying cuddled inside the shroud
The eerie atmosphere seemed
As if it’s awaiting a storm cloud

Somehow gathering the courage
I slowly came out of the house
Opening the gate out in street
Feet slowly creeping like a louse

As I travelled to a small distance
I noticed people sitting on street
Few helplessly trying to sleep
Another form of the life’s deceit

Pale faces, those were just blank
Neither the happiness nor grief
As if an infinite darkness exist
A hopeful day was out of belief

And there wasn’t any news of
Nor any of the agenda was made
To help those helpless in distress
Only all the good senses it evade

The kind of chill that I do sense
Is that real and does that exist
Then what about I had noticed
As to how they survive n’ resist

From within a whisper I heard
Was it the weather that’s cold
Thro’ which the heart did freeze
Or inner warm empathy got sold

No comments: