Thursday, April 30, 2009

BE LEAF

I wish I could live like a leaf
Without happiness or grief

With my presence everywhere
Being utilized to purify the air
Making it suitable for breath
But not expecting any wreath
I’ve this quality since my birth
Being influenced by the earth
By a sense of selfless sacrifice
I wish all my efforts to rise
Towards nature to bring relief

I wish to help to quench thirst
Storing drops as clouds burst
Like the pearls on my surface
Shimmering to the light’s rays
Accumulating water beneath
So that ground doesn’t seethe
I just wish to have some worth
So as to help avoid the dearth
And live as hermit not as thief

I am the lifeline of the tree
But I don’t voice the decree
I prefer to be quiet and humble
Only making the gentle rustle
To gushing winds and breeze
En route peace I have the keys
Living life in a simple way
And not a descriptive essay
But by trying to keep it brief


I try adjusting with the thorns
Without complains or scorns
Being with the flower and bud
I’ve to finally fall to the mud
But every moment I rejoice
As my feelings I try to voice
Living the way I’m destined
My true value I wish to find
By being one of the common
And not an emperor or a chief

I have stood the tests of the time
As species vanish and sublime
My simplicity helps me survive
I’ll be here till doom will arrive
Even if I am destroyed and hurt
Its love and peace I always assert
Without me no thorns of flowers
But I don’t demonstrate powers
Live for nature and environment
Is my request, faith and belief

2 comments:

Light of Darkness said...

YOU HAVE ARRANGED SMOOTH AND BEAUTIFUL WORDS. WONDERFUL DOST.

weary_wanderer said...

Thats a great wish. Leaf symbolizes "life" and for that you signify as a lifelover. You value life to its deepest meaning. I wish one day I see you sprouting on one of my dying branches..Keep that burning desires on your soul buddy. See yah!