Saturday, June 21, 2008

THE DESIRE TO LIVE

i always used to be frightened of death
till at last i faced it on my last breath
all my previous imaginations i found fake
now the decision of dying i had to make
the scene was calm, serene and pleasant
my soul was getting ready for the descent
i felt the extreme happiness and at peace
but suddenly these emotions seemed to cease
i suddenly felt an urge to remain alive
i began to understand the value of life

though the site of death was pleasnant too
but now i loved my life more and it was true
i was lost in thoughts planning how to die
i thought upon the train tracks i will lie
i also thought of using poison for killing
thought of hanging myself from the ceiling
i now realized how wrong my thoughts were
i wish i could reshape my past from there
but that is now past and will never arrive
i began to understand the value of life

i begged for some time to remain on earth
i began to count my deeds from my birth
i wasn't prepared for death and i was late
all my evil deeds were to decide my fate
i now wanted to get serious about my deed
and give away with my selfishness and greed
i wanted to control my anger and my temper
politeness, good manners i wished to remember
do more of good from now till i survive
i began to understand the value of life

i am quite lucky now to live and to decide
which way of life that i am going to abide
either you could be false or you be true
one gets you stuck, other gets you through
be brave and honest and firm on your stance
life will not be giving you a second chance
between life and death if you are to choose
always choose your life and do not confuse
because your death is shaped by your life
i began to understand the value of life

No comments: