Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE DISTANT LIGHT

Whenever the sky is shaded dark
My view’s attracted by the spark
As I’m sitting behind the window
Pleasing self towards its dim glow

I don’t care from where it arrived
Even though of it I am deprived
I hardly bother or I’m concerned
But suddenly this feeling turned

As this light reflected on wealth
The heart infected with stealth
And going jealous and envious
I’m overtaken by evil conscious

Unable to endure others glory
This seems to be a bitter story
That you hate and you’ll detest
As you only want to be the best

And being behind that window
I wish I could learn and know
This sudden switch of emotion
Creating within the commotion

For this human nature strange
Into an awkward way change
And feelings aren’t consistent
Hard to judge one’s sentiment

For the same window and light
Just due to the change of sight
Changed the opinion and view
As inner peace turned eschew

As I was quite happy and glad
But resentment made me sad
Now I look up to the same light
In order to brighten my insight

2 comments:

Roshani said...

"As I was quite happy and glad
But resentment made me sad
Now I look up to the same light
In order to brighten my insight...."
these are really vary good and emotional lines Nayeem.

MOHAMMAD NAYEEM said...

thank you Roshani ji ! :)