Sunday, May 2, 2010

THE JOKER

When I was standing there, I heard the laughter
Loud applauses approaching from every quarter

Across the stage facing the assembled audience
Dutifully trying to create a hilarious ambience

Hearing the gathered people smile and giggle
Whilst their funny bones squirms and wriggle

And they clap for me as to them I’m the clown
Who gonna rid them all of sorrows and frown

With the job of cracking different kind of jokes
Spreading the happiness as the sadness it soaks

This life’s a circus, and I’m living by the stage
Where my real emotions I seek to camouflage

For when behind the scene I tend to think about
Of emotions that suddenly subside and sprout

Does my own pain submerge into others gleam
And is it prolonged or an instantaneous dream

For after this part, am I different or the same
A joker by the act or else a joker by the name

No comments: