Friday, March 13, 2009

POLLUTED DIRT

I used to walk and I am walking still
Feeling as if this surrounding will kill

Barren lands, drought stricken and dry
Upsetting me a lot and making me cry
I wonder how on earth this poison spill

As I helpless watch grasslands vanish
The beauty of the nature getting tarnish
Wish awareness and concern we can till

It’s high time now to realize our mistake
As our whole existence is now on stake
Only if it could be saved by strong will

I miss the beaches and the jungles too
Lakes have disappeared, rivers are few
And I long to take a walk up to the hill

Trees have fallen, jungles also erased
And I’m now left shocked and amazed
As what the back of our minds did fill

And now what I breathe is polluted dirt
Atmosphere’s gloomy which really hurt
Excavates my mind, my heart does drill

Lost my way to industries and factories
Longing to feel the fresh gentle breeze
Finally ending up in the noise of the mill

Wish I could save myself and the earth
Do something for the place, I took birth
To save nature, I wish to attain the skill

So that we all can see the nature bloom
And the life on earth doesn’t end in doom
Its beauty we can enjoy and we can thrill

No comments: