Tuesday, October 7, 2008

THE ROSE GARDEN

It was just like any other normal day
To reach my office I was on my way
When I almost stepped inside my office
Waiting for me over there was a notice
I got to pack up as I was transferred
To where a vacancy had just occurred
With various thoughts I started again
While moving through the busy lane

I finally reached the place I had to be
And as I entered I was amazed to see
Near the office was the small nursery
And its beauty was really a mystery
As the very look was calm and peace
The flowers swayed by a gentle breeze
mostly they were roses in various colors
And were prominent among the flowers

They had grown almost up to my knees
Surrounded by butterflies and the bees
They were red, pink, yellow and white
And their beauty increased in the night
Their fragrance used to spread around
Increasing the beauty of the compound
They used to ease the stress of the jobs
Turn into smiles one’s cries and sobs

Then suddenly a new proposal did came
The words written were indeed shame
It had the plan for the garden’s removal
And a fountain to be built on its funeral
Trying to save it my efforts went in vain
As I knew I won’t be able to see it again
By now they were like the part of soul
As in my happiness they had a key role

But then those stubborn peoples above
Just couldn’t understand nature’s love
And it happened of which I was afraid
As before my sight its grave was laid
And in its place they placed the rocks
Along with wooden and metal blocks
By calling that process by renovation
Again to me it was like an aberration

The roses in the garden were my friend
And the good wishes they used to send
But now their appearance is no more
This emptiness makes my heart go sore
I wish to get these friends again alive
So that together we’d live and survive
Wish I’d get back the beloved garden
Help me God get some magic to happen

No comments: