Thursday, October 9, 2008

THE SEA I SAW

I saw the sea for the first time one fine day
When I was lazily moving around the bay
And as I was slowly walking by the beach
I could feel the sea just within my reach
Also the approaching waves towards me
As I felt them from my feet on to my knee
The sea is home to many of the creatures
The turtles, the fishes, whales and oysters
And I felt on myself the gentle sea breeze
That also rustled the leaves of palm trees
I heard the noise of waves on the rocks
And looked at birds above flying in flocks
As whole scene became just mesmerizing
When the waves and high tides are rising
The dusk and the dawn on the other end
Turned the horizon into a golden blend
The sun reflected on the shimmering water
Making you aware of all the divine power
The scenic beauty almost stops the breath
As it looks like a kind of heavenly wreath
You find people here busy in games and play
As here you get entertained in many a way
Often tasting the delicacies of the sea food
That is quite nourishing and just too good
Ships returning and also upon the voyage
Hoping not to face the sea’s anger and rage
In the form of tsunami, storms and cyclone
As the widespread destruction is well known
Hoping the waters remains calm and peace
Every voice praying for the sea to appease
At the shore, I realize the gentle sand below
My feet where the sea water is very shallow
It is a source to the salt that is our necessity
Besides, the importance of the sea is infinity
May be life must also have originated here
Compared to us nature is always superior
This is what did I experience and I learned
From the sea, vast knowledge I had earned

No comments: